Welcome

Welcome to Broken Wings. These writings are a part of my own journey of self discovery. I have no answers, but I am asking questions and pondering and looking within to see what I find. I share my writings in hope of helping others in their journey of self discovery, in hopes of encouraging others to look within themselves to find the insights in to their own questions.

All I know is that I know nothing
- Socrates


Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Speaking of Cleaning House

Wouldn't it be nice if we could just pull up a truck and throw all of our useless garbage in it?  Imagine if we could look around our house and in our lives and in our past and just round up all of the useless clutter that's clogging our lives and throw it all out!  All of the junk that we pick up and look at and dust around and move from one spot to the next, the memories we cling to and can't seem to let go even though they really hold no purpose other than to keep us buried beneath rubbish.

What kind of junk is cluttering our world?  What useless pieces could we give away, toss out or remove from our life?  What are we clinging to that no longer serves us?

Are there clothes in our closet we never wear that someone else could use?  Is there food in our cabinet that always gets shoved to the back and never gets used, but someone else would love to have it?  Are we in a relationship that's long past it's expired date and yet we're afraid to let it go?  Is there a memory that really serves no purpose other than to keep us stuck in some past pain every time we look at it, but we're afraid if we let it go we'll somehow lose a piece of who we are? Are there mismatched socks that just sit in a drawer or basket because we are sure when we throw it out we'll find the mate to it?   What kind of garbage is cluttering up our lives and tripping us up?  Look around and see what you find and don't forget to look under your bed and in all the cracks of your mind.

I don't know about you all, but when I stop and look I see that  I've got an awful lot of garbage cluttering my life.  I'd really like that truck to back right up so I could chuck all of the useless stuff out the window and let it go.  I'm getting kind of tired of being a hoarder of useless things and I've tossed or donated a lot, but still there is more.   When I figure out how to over come my need to hang on to useless items I'll let you all know and maybe we can toss some stuff out together!  Imagine how much lighter we could be if we  cleared out the useless stuff and created some empty space where perhaps we could place a few select useful things!

No comments:

Post a Comment