Welcome

Welcome to Broken Wings. These writings are a part of my own journey of self discovery. I have no answers, but I am asking questions and pondering and looking within to see what I find. I share my writings in hope of helping others in their journey of self discovery, in hopes of encouraging others to look within themselves to find the insights in to their own questions.

All I know is that I know nothing
- Socrates


Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Circle of Love

As I face my own daily struggles and watch my friends, loved ones and those around me struggle I sometimes wonder what could possibly ease our pain and help us to stop struggling. It's sometimes too much for me to handle seeing all of the pain in the world.  When I become overwhelmed by the pain of the world I find a way to quiet myself and go within.  I remember that underneath all of the pain in the center of each and everyone of us is love.  LOVE is there for all of us, just waiting for us to stop and remember it.

No matter where we are or what path we have chosen in our lives love is always right there, inside of us hidden under our pains, struggles and confusion.  It's time to accept ourselves just as we are.  It's the perfect time to make the biggest change of all and be opened to joy, peace and love. It's time to understand that we are all worthy of these things no matter what we've done or who we've been.   It's time to know that we all have the free will to choose different paths and no matter what path we've chosen, what road we've traveled to reach where we are right now, there is love right here, right now, right where we are, love for all of us just as we are. 

We need to tap into that love and know that it's ours no matter how we view ourselves, no matter what choices we've made along our path.  We must understand that we all belong and that there is love for each and everyone of us.  We need to quiet our minds and listen to our hearts and know that deep inside of us we are loved, we are lovable and we are loving.  When times get tough and life seems too difficult we must open our hearts and look within and see that we are love.  We are all part of one huge circle and in this circle there is love and grace for each and everyone of us.

May we all hold this image in our minds, this image of one unending circle of love that includes us all exactly as we are, where ever we are.  There is not a single one of us that is not a part of this circle of love, we all belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment