Welcome

Welcome to Broken Wings. These writings are a part of my own journey of self discovery. I have no answers, but I am asking questions and pondering and looking within to see what I find. I share my writings in hope of helping others in their journey of self discovery, in hopes of encouraging others to look within themselves to find the insights in to their own questions.

All I know is that I know nothing
- Socrates


Friday, February 25, 2011

Jesus Take The Wheel

As we travel down the road the song Jesus Take The Wheel is softly playing on our truck radio.  I've got nothing to do but listen to the radio, watch the scenery go by and think.  As I listen to this song I am pondering if Jesus really wants to take our wheel or if he'd rather we learn to follow the example he set  for us and eventually steer our own vehicle.

Did he come here just to steer us all around or did he come here to teach us how to steer ourselves?  Were we meant to be blind sheep simply waiting for our shepherd to lead us around or were we meant to learn from our shepherd and grow from being sheep into being shepherds ourselves?

I think maybe we are a bit of both...sheep following our shepherds example and shepherds in training, learning to help other sheep find their way.

Perhaps we are the sheep and the shepherd, the student and the teacher.  Perhaps the Master is there teaching us to take our own wheel, guiding us along, steering us when necessary, teaching us that we can travel the road and steer ourselves if we look within and steer from our hearts.

Perhaps there is a whole team of teachers in the form of angels, guides and those who have already mastered steering that are helping us and supporting us as we learn to steer and eventually take our own wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment