Welcome

Welcome to Broken Wings. These writings are a part of my own journey of self discovery. I have no answers, but I am asking questions and pondering and looking within to see what I find. I share my writings in hope of helping others in their journey of self discovery, in hopes of encouraging others to look within themselves to find the insights in to their own questions.

All I know is that I know nothing
- Socrates


Friday, February 25, 2011

Life Is Like A Traffic Jam

Living life is kind of like driving through rush hour traffic in a city.  If  we all slow down and pay attention to those around us, driving our own vehicle with care, concern and respect, we will all make it through to the other side.  Using our driving skills, good judgment, prayers and patience we can navigate the traffic safely.

Some people will drive like idiots, some will pay no attention to where they are headed, some will drive so cautiously they barely move and some will be focused and careful moving steadily forward.  Whatever our style of driving, we all want the same thing, to arrive safely at our destination.

I am fully aware that I've filled all of these positions at some point.   I've been the idiot others had to look out for as well as the overly focused careful driver who has slowed everyone down, so I do my best now to show compassion to all of the drivers on my road, even the ones I'd like to flip the one finger salute to.  When I become frustrated with others, I just remind myself that I've been that one, be it someone overly cautious who slows us all down or one who nearly runs us all off the road in the hurry to get to where they are going.  Nobody on my road is displaying anything I haven't displayed at some point myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment