Welcome

Welcome to Broken Wings. These writings are a part of my own journey of self discovery. I have no answers, but I am asking questions and pondering and looking within to see what I find. I share my writings in hope of helping others in their journey of self discovery, in hopes of encouraging others to look within themselves to find the insights in to their own questions.

All I know is that I know nothing
- Socrates


Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Love Can Build A Bridge

I noticed as a child that I often attracted many of the grumpiest teachers in my school settings.  I was somehow able to connect with them and they would take me under their wings.  It wasn't until I was an adult that I realized that it was because I saw underneath their gruff, scary exterior and was able to show interest and love towards them instead of being afraid of them or angry towards them.  This is why they were drawn to me.  Unfortunately there were also many teachers who a little afraid of me and all of my questions and I was too young to understand they were frustrated by my big questions and different way of looking at things, they didn't treat me so well and so I was angry towards them.  My experiences with those teachers did not have positive outcomes, but I learned many lessons from them.

Sometimes through out our lives we come across people who are really, really hard to deal with.  We all have someone in our life who just comes across as snarly and unlovable and it's easy for us to project that back to them or to just avoid them.

What we can do instead of sending negativity at them is to let the negativity go and just send them love.  I don't mean we have to go to them and hug them or shower them with praises.  We can simply, let go of our own negative thoughts toward them and send loving thoughts their way.  Imagine them kind of surrounded by the glowing pink and yellow light of love if you can.  Whatever we project onto them will most likely be projected back to us, so doesn't it make more sense to send them love instead of anger, judgment or avoidance?   
(Sometimes WE are the snarly unlovable one and we have to learn to use this method towards ourselves.)
When we send love out to the world we are literally building and energetic bridge of love.  We may not notice a difference at first and some people will continue to choose to refuse love no matter where it comes from, but if we show perseverance and bring only love to a situation, we will begin to see amazing differences in our lives.  Even if a person refuses to receive the love we send, we will feel better for sending out love instead of negative, hateful thoughts.

Think of this, in every situation we are a part of where we deal with other people we are creating a sort of energetic vibration.  It's up to us whether the energy we send out is positive or negative, it's our choice, BUT, what we put out is what is going to come back to us.   What would we choose to have coming at us, negative energy or positive energy? We should keep this in mind every time we interact with anyone in any situation.

Imagine the difference we could all make in the world if we start building our bridges of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment