Welcome

Welcome to Broken Wings. These writings are a part of my own journey of self discovery. I have no answers, but I am asking questions and pondering and looking within to see what I find. I share my writings in hope of helping others in their journey of self discovery, in hopes of encouraging others to look within themselves to find the insights in to their own questions.

All I know is that I know nothing
- Socrates


Monday, February 7, 2011

Ground Control to Major Tom

Some times I feel like Major Tom the astronaut lost in space. "Planet Earth is blue and there's nothing I can do".   Other times I feel more like an alien living on some strange planet where everything is foreign to me.

Much of what I see going on on this planet really makes no sense to me.

People say they love life so much they hate war.
People love animals so much they hate factory farms.
People love their kids so much they yank them out of school systems they hate.
People throw out the phrase What Would Jesus Do and then use the Bible to judge and hate others.

Does any of this make good sense?  Can we truly love if we are so willing to hate?

How about instead of wasting energy hating anything we use that energy to find practical solutions to address the issues we are upset with.  What if we take our hate and anger and transform them into love and concern and use them as tools to really make a difference?

If we hate war perhaps we should stop hating and judging others.  We could view the whole world as one group connected to the planet instead of a bunch of individuals just sharing the same space.  Without hate the need for war will end and our planet will heal.

If  we love animals we could stop wasting food and reduce the worlds "need" for meat by adding healthy alternatives to our diets.  With out the huge demand for meat factory farms will become less feasible and they will end.  We have an abundance of food in our world, we just aren't making proper use of it.

If we love our kids instead of hating the school systems we should work to improve them so that ALL children get a proper education where they are taught to become productive, successful individuals instead of just being molded into a system that clearly does not work for everyone.  Improve our schools and we will change our world.  The children are our future!

What if we were to really do what Jesus would do and love our neighbors as ourselves, ALL of our neighbors, not just the ones who share our beliefs or look like us or speak like us or think like us.

I really must be from another planet!  These ideas are really outrageous and far out there, aren't they?  Some people may actually choose to hate me for making such simple suggestions.

If we truly want to change our world we have to let go of the idea that it is ever OK to hate anything.

Hate is the single most negative energy producing force and it is killing our planet!
Let go of our need to hate and we will change our world.

This is Major Tom signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment