Welcome

Welcome to Broken Wings. These writings are a part of my own journey of self discovery. I have no answers, but I am asking questions and pondering and looking within to see what I find. I share my writings in hope of helping others in their journey of self discovery, in hopes of encouraging others to look within themselves to find the insights in to their own questions.

All I know is that I know nothing
- Socrates


Saturday, February 5, 2011

Great Expectations

I had something to say today and then before I could write it out I lost it.  The thought was completely gone.  I tried to get it back, but it's floating around somewhere perhaps waiting to come back into my brain or maybe waiting to float into somebody else's head.  Perhaps someone else is already sharing the thought in some manner as I write this.

Sometimes we get a little frustrated with ourselves. (Like me right now because I had something awesome to say and I lost it) A lot of times we put a lot of expectations on ourselves and on those around us.  We feel we have this image to live up to or this one specific role to fill.  We become worried we will let someone down and not be all that we can be.  I'll admit one of my fears in doing this blog is someone will take what I say wrong or people will start expecting something from me that I can't provide.   Is it any wonder with the pressure of expectations on us we get so stressed out and depressed?

What if we were to realize that the only thing we have to be is our self?  What if we were to let go of all those high expectations and realize that all we have to do in every situation is try our best and be who we are.  All we have to do is follow our heart and act from a place of love and we will have nothing to worry about.  What if we remember we are already perfect and are just here trying to remember that?

If we are always acting out of a place of love, from deep with in our heart we will know that we are in no way intentionally hurting anyone and we can rest easy.

Many people confuse acting from their heart with acting from their emotions, this is not the same thing.  If you are in the place of your heart you will be calm and peaceful, not overly full of emotion and ready to burst.

If we are constantly questioning our choices and always finding ourselves defending our choices and offending others, then perhaps we should make sure we are really connecting with our heart and not just listening to our mind or reacting to our emotions.

That's not to say there won't be people who will make the choice to be offended by us.  Being offended is a choice people make and some people choose to offended no matter how you try to speak to them.  But, if we are presenting ourselves in a honest, loving, kind manner coming straight from our heart, most people will not be offended by our words even if we say things that they don't fully agree with or are very difficult to accept.

If we set expectations aside and simply do our best to always come from a place of love, the rest will take care of it's self, we should have no worries.

All we have to do is be our self and come from a place of love.  We can do that, can't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment