Welcome

Welcome to Broken Wings. These writings are a part of my own journey of self discovery. I have no answers, but I am asking questions and pondering and looking within to see what I find. I share my writings in hope of helping others in their journey of self discovery, in hopes of encouraging others to look within themselves to find the insights in to their own questions.

All I know is that I know nothing
- Socrates


Thursday, March 24, 2011

Oneness

I don't know how many people that will read this have thought about the concept of Oneness or even heard of Oneness, but it's something that a lot of people are talking about lately and it's on my mind so I will write about it. 

To me the idea or concept of Oneness is that we see all of our differences and understand that even though we can be extremely different, unique individuals with different point of views and beliefs, we understand that we all are actually one, a piece of the whole...kind of a little slice of the oneness pie so to speak.

What I've noticed lately is that a lot of people who throw around the word Oneness actually mean that you should join with their point of view or idea and be at one with them.  Many of them throw the word out there and seem to have an understanding of the idea that we are all One and we've all been all there is to be and yet turn around and preach about hate and intolerance.  It's almost as if they are screaming...we are all ONE and then turning around and pointing out how separate we all are with their own behavior.  It brings to mind the phrase actions speak louder than words.

Do we want to be a part of one or do we want to be the only one, one who holds our self and our views as higher than others?  Can we be a part of one and be higher or lower than others or are we all equal?  Are all of the slices of the oneness pie equal or are some bigger and some smaller than others?  Is there one piece of pie that is so much greater than others or are they all equally important to the whole pie?

It seems to me that the key to finding Oneness is looking at everyone and not holding judgment, it's seeing that we aren't somehow wiser or higher or more than anyone else, it's seeing that every one out there is a piece of us reflecting something back to us that we need to see.  It doesn't seem to me that we can display Oneness if we are willing to hate anything.  But that's just my point of view...what do I know?

No comments:

Post a Comment