Welcome

Welcome to Broken Wings. These writings are a part of my own journey of self discovery. I have no answers, but I am asking questions and pondering and looking within to see what I find. I share my writings in hope of helping others in their journey of self discovery, in hopes of encouraging others to look within themselves to find the insights in to their own questions.

All I know is that I know nothing
- Socrates


Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Do You See What I See?

Sometimes I find myself completely confused by people and really wonder what exactly they are seeing.  Have you ever found yourself listening to what someone says and then later looked at their actions and wondered if you are somehow in the Twilight Zone because what they do goes so against the ideas they express?  So many times these people are the first ones to point out how we should behave or who isn't behaving in an appropriate manner and yet they themselves act in a manner that seems completely off balanced.  I find myself wondering if they see what they are doing or if they are completely unaware.

I know that I myself often act in a manner that goes against what I know, but normally I catch myself doing it, am aware of it and am working on learning to adjust it.  I  used to beat myself up when I recognized behavior in myself that goes against what I know, but now I understand it is all part of the learning process and instead of feeling guilty or angry at myself I observe what has happened and look for what lesson there is to learn from my behavior and the situation.

The key seems to be becoming aware of how we are behaving and how our actions are effecting others and our life and deciding whether we want to continue to act in such a manner or want to learn to use a different way of acting.  If we can SEE what our actions are CAUSING, we are better able to CHOOSE BEHAVIOR THAT WILL PRODUCE A POSITIVE OUTCOME IN OUR LIVES.

If we are unable to see how our own actions and choices are effecting our lives and the lives of others, then we will just continue on in the same pattern.  Which is great if the pattern is working out for us, not so great if we are finding ourself uncomfortable and unhappy all of the time.

It seems we really need to learn to open our eyes and hearts, look deeply and really see who we are and what we are presenting to the world.  It's time to SEE that WE HAVE many CHOICES.   Maybe it's time we see that no matter what choices we make or have made it's all good, we are just in the process of learning and making choices is part of our overall learning experience.  We need to see that all of us are a part of this process and all of us are simply making choices that promote learning and growing and eventually our choices all lead us to home.  If we can SEE this we can STOP JUDGING OURSELVES AND OTHERS.

No comments:

Post a Comment