Welcome

Welcome to Broken Wings. These writings are a part of my own journey of self discovery. I have no answers, but I am asking questions and pondering and looking within to see what I find. I share my writings in hope of helping others in their journey of self discovery, in hopes of encouraging others to look within themselves to find the insights in to their own questions.

All I know is that I know nothing
- Socrates


Friday, January 21, 2011

Answers

If you are still reading and can relate to what I've said I say welcome from one who may have forgotten how to fly, but is here willing to join you on a journey of rediscovery.  In the process of uncovering who we are may we learn how to heal our wounds and our world and once again use our wings to fly.

Once again I do not expect you to accept everything I say or adopt my understandings as your own.  I only ask that you remember to keep your heart and mind open as I share my process with you.

I've learned if we are ready and willing to ask questions, insights will come.   Open your heart and see the world around you and you will learn many things.  Answers come to us through people, through books, through movies and songs, through thoughts and whispers of ideas in our heads.  We must pay attention, focus and be willing to accept new ideas and ways of viewing our self and our world.

Be aware that there may be times throughout the process that we may feel darkness, fear or doubt, but rest assured we are safe, we are loved and we are never alone.  If we look into the darkness we will find the light still shines.

It will be important on our journey to learn to maintain focus, learn to center ourselves and connect to the quiet place deep within us where answers reside.   There are many methods for doing this and it doesn't matter which one you use or what label you place on the technique, what matters is that you are able to quiet your mind, calm your body and open your heart.  Find a method that works for you and use it.

I have found for me that music, sounds of water, candles and incense can be helpful.  It is important to find things that work best for you.  If your body is tense it is difficult to hear the quiet voice of your soul and your guides.

Yes, we all have angels surrounding us.  They are very real and they are here to help us, they love us and want to guide us, but we must ask for their help.  It's not a difficult process, we don't even need to know who they are or their specific names.  Simply say something like,  "To all those who guide, protect and surround me, I need help." and help will immediately be provided in some form.  The words we use are not important.  We only need to ask for help, any time, in where, in all situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment