Welcome

Welcome to Broken Wings. These writings are a part of my own journey of self discovery. I have no answers, but I am asking questions and pondering and looking within to see what I find. I share my writings in hope of helping others in their journey of self discovery, in hopes of encouraging others to look within themselves to find the insights in to their own questions.

All I know is that I know nothing
- Socrates


Friday, January 21, 2011

The Beginning

I've always thought of myself as an average person, living a rather average life full of struggles and choices that led me down paths that were not always easy.  Yet underneath the average outer me there always seemed to be a deeper, more wise one with a greater purpose waiting to emerge.

My formal training in this life consists only of secretarial courses at a community college, a license in cosmetology, a diploma in early childhood education and training in Reiki, meditation and regression therapy.  As you can see I would  not be considered highly educated by social standards.

 I am a speed reader who seems to have a gift of taking in great amounts of information and simplifying them into concepts that are easy to grasp. As a child I taught myself many things such as tying my own shoes, reading, writing my name, sewing.  There are many things that I've always just known, many understandings I've held that didn't always fit in with the world around me or come from what I was being taught.

One of these understandings is that we must hold our hearts opened to everything around us, understand that truth  is an ever changing process and everyone has their own understanding and perception of every situation based on what they've been taught through the world around them.  There are many different ways of viewing things, different choices to be made, different understanding to uncover and discover as we work our way through life. We make ask questions seeking answers and may find that with the insights we gain we only come up with more questions.

I do not ask or expect you to believe or agree with my understandings.  I only suggest you read them with an opened heart and consider them with an opened mind while you search for your own understandings.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful way for you to share your wonderously open heart with us all. Thank you..

    ReplyDelete