Welcome

Welcome to Broken Wings. These writings are a part of my own journey of self discovery. I have no answers, but I am asking questions and pondering and looking within to see what I find. I share my writings in hope of helping others in their journey of self discovery, in hopes of encouraging others to look within themselves to find the insights in to their own questions.

All I know is that I know nothing
- Socrates


Friday, January 21, 2011

Broken Wings

For many years I viewed myself as damaged, broken beyond repair.  There was a darkness, a sadness, a weight upon me I could not understand, yet I carried on quietly searching for answers, praying for healing, looking for a way to lighten my load.

Some in the world would have us believe we are all poor miserable sinners and that our suffering, our heaviness and sadness will only end when we leave this life and move on to Heaven.

What I've come to understand is that in reality we are all perfect, shining beings of love who have forgotten who we are.  God did not create poor miserable sinners who need to be cleansed.  Underneath all of the confusion and pain of the world lies beauty that shines brightly, a love beyond belief, a soul full of God.

We are in a sense angels with broken wings who have forgotten how to fly.

3 comments:

  1. A dear friend of mine use to say, we are all wounded healers.

    A Soul full of God... mmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an angel that not only flies beautifully, but shows others how to find their own beautiful wings and to join you in the sky. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your beautiful comments sweet ones.

    ReplyDelete