Welcome

Welcome to Broken Wings. These writings are a part of my own journey of self discovery. I have no answers, but I am asking questions and pondering and looking within to see what I find. I share my writings in hope of helping others in their journey of self discovery, in hopes of encouraging others to look within themselves to find the insights in to their own questions.

All I know is that I know nothing
- Socrates


Friday, March 16, 2012

View Points

We can encounter difficulties in our life when we can only see things from one point of view or feel that one point of view is the only one that is important. Everyone has a point of view. We all look at the world and every situation from different angles, through different filters of our own experiences. 10 people can witness one situation and all 10 people can have a differing perception of what has occurred because they are all coming from a different point of view. All of the view points are valid, all of them are important and if we want to form a more clear picture, form a more clear understanding, we need to be opened to the idea that it is not only our view point that is important, valid or "right".

Letting go of the idea that there is one "right" way of looking at things can be difficult, but it can also help us to expand and grow and when we expand and grow or perspectives may change. We may also find our self letting go of perceptions that we once held as truths. As we let go of those "truths" things in our world may begin to shift.

For example. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 2004. All of the research I have done from the modern medical view point about this condition paints a rather grim picture. There are very few real treatments, I will suffer a lot of pain, may become debilitated and my life will never be the same. New treatments are being researched as more scientists become interested and look into this condition, but my body is severely sensitive to medications, so most of the new treatments are not options I can use. Basically if I go from the view point and perception that I have this condition and it can not be treated, I will suffer much pain.

But, if I understand that there may be treatments and natural ways to use my body's own healing abilities, perhaps the perception, the "truth" that I will suffer and never lead a normal life, do not have to be accepted as fact. Perhaps by looking at this from a different view other than just what modern medicine is currently offering, I can find some relief from my symptoms.

Many people may not agree with this thinking, but I have seen from my own experience that looking at things from differing view points can lead to whole new understandings of situations and it can even bring about healing if we are willing to let go of our own perceptions. I do not claim to be "healed" yet, but I am opened to the idea that if I keep my mind opened, stop clinging to only one view point and follow my heart, perhaps someday I will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment