Welcome

Welcome to Broken Wings. These writings are a part of my own journey of self discovery. I have no answers, but I am asking questions and pondering and looking within to see what I find. I share my writings in hope of helping others in their journey of self discovery, in hopes of encouraging others to look within themselves to find the insights in to their own questions.

All I know is that I know nothing
- Socrates


Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Recalculating

For some reason this word has been popping into my head a lot recently. It's one that I often hear while I'm driving in my car because I have taken a path that my GPS has not plotted out for me. Sometimes I am not paying attention and accidentally miss my turn, other times I choose to take a shorter way, often I want to stick with a more familiar route and occasionally I am just wondering what will happen if I go a different way then one my GPS has chosen. No matter what the reason, when I get off of the chosen path I hear the word recalculating ring through the air.

I often find myself wondering if there is someone watching over us all as we travel on the "road" we call our life path. Have we worked with them to plan out a route for our life and then set out on our journey, plotted out path in hand? Then, as we've traveled along and experienced life, we've changed our mind and chosen a different path or side road every now and then causing our "watchers" to yell out...Recalucalting! Suddenly everyone around us shifts and recalibrates to the new route we've chosen for ourselves.

I also wonder if, as each important turn comes up, they are clearly pointing out our designated route saying, "Turn left on exit 333", like my GPS does repeatedly until the turn goes by. Are we sometimes just too distracted by traffic or life to pay attention to their voice? When we aren't paying attention to our guidance we are likely to miss our turn and have to travel a longer distance to get to where we need to be. We aren't lost, we've simply had to recalculate and make some changes in our path.

Perhaps, as the end of the year draws near, it's the perfect time to pull over and assess where our "driving" has been taking us. As we pause we can look out over our lives and determine if we are content on the "road" we've been traveling or if we'd like to make some changes and take a turn that leads us in a different direction. Is the path we are on taking us to where we want to be or do we need to recalculate?

No comments:

Post a Comment