Welcome

Welcome to Broken Wings. These writings are a part of my own journey of self discovery. I have no answers, but I am asking questions and pondering and looking within to see what I find. I share my writings in hope of helping others in their journey of self discovery, in hopes of encouraging others to look within themselves to find the insights in to their own questions.

All I know is that I know nothing
- Socrates


Thursday, October 27, 2011

Be The Change?

We hear all of this talk about being the change we want to see. What does that really mean? How do we be the changes we want to see? HMMM seems first we have to understand what changes we want to see. To do this we have to look around and see what is bothering us and we have to look inside and see what is bothering us.

When we've examined all that we find it would then probably be a good idea to ask, what would I do differently? What changes would I like to see in the world around me? What would make the world I see feel like a better, more comfortable, loving place to be? Can we imagine a different world? Can we sit quietly and picture the world the way we would like to see it?

When we've done all of that it would seem helpful to then ask, how can I change what I see outside of me? How can I change this situation? What can I myself, this one tiny human form among many, do that will change the world? (This is where I personally tend to feel overwhelmed).

The world is a huge place, full of many people and I am just one, how can I possibly make the changes throughout the whole entire world that will help create what I would like to see? How can I possibly get all of the people of the world to change and be what I would like them to be so the world is a more loving comfortable place?

Guess what...we can't! We can not change the people we see outside of ourselves. They have free will, they have the choice to be whoever and however they want to be in the world. So, what can we possibly do to change our world?

You probably already guessed it...change myself. YEP, there it is again, the only thing we can really do is change our self. The only one we can really change is our self and according to many, we draw to ourselves what we put out into the world, so if we want to see a happier, healthier, more loving, comfortable world, what can we do? Learn to be the change we want to see. WE have to learn to let go of all of our suffering, pain, negativity, hate, fear and judgment and be more loving, understanding, caring, accepting, easy going, fearless, nonjudgmental, positive and hopeful. We have to be the change we want to see and when we do this, the world we see will begin to change around us.

Sounds easy...but we all know it's not or we'd have the world we want to see right now. We've had many, many years of learning to be negative and judgmental towards ourselves, towards the world, towards each other. Letting go of the learned behavior is a process that may take a lot of time, but I think with practice and patience, we can all do it and once we do, we will be the change we want to see in the world. What changes do you want to see? Picture them and hold them in your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment